Justin King: How to help a client avoid a one-way ticket to Geneva

In this second video, Justin King APFS, CFP takes a light-hearted look at how he uses the Timelineapp to show clients quickly and visually how sustainable their retirement income plan is.

When Linda came to see Justin, she was quite happy with the seemingly easy online D2C portfolio she was invested in.

The only problem was, when he ran it through the Timeline, it only had a 19% probability of success. In other words, there was an 81% chance she’d run out of money. That was if she took the retirement income she wanted and lived until 90 – the age the ONS predicts she’ll die.

So, Linda’s options were either to die earlier, or work with Justin – using the Timeline to model different scenarios – and come up with a better plan.

It’s a no-brainer really.

Missed the previous part?

Missed the first part of the series? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Go ahead and click right here to view it now.

Abraham is the Founder and CEO of Timelineapp. He has authored the Beyond the 4% rule book, written several industry papers and delivered many talks. He holds a master’s degree from Coventry University and an alphabet soup of designations, including the Investment Management Certificate, Chartered Financial Planner and Chartered Wealth Manager.


comments powered by Disqus

Sign up and get 30 days free

Schedule a Demo

Suggest a date and time