Meet the team - Georgios Bouzianis
Next up is our Quantitative Analyst…
Georgios undertakes numerical and computational work on projects concerning the design and development of algorithms and solutions for retirement portfolios. He is a PhD candidate in the Department of Computing at Goldsmiths, University of London, and has extensive knowledge of Quantitative Finance.
Let’s find out more about Georgios and the Quantitative role…
What does your job entail?
- Conducting quantitative analysis of retirement income withdrawal strategies
- Developing new ideas to enhance sustainable withdrawal strategy tools
- Writing and testing sophisticated computer code for financial analytics
- Project overview to ensure projects stay on track and are completed on a timely basis
- Overseeing and facilitating the development of the skills of all members of the Quant team
- Contributing to team projects and ongoing development of the business, including the Science of Retirement conference
What does a typical day look like for you?
Well, every day starts with a cold refreshing red bull (the proper one, sugar-free is for intellectuals) and ends with a crisp, refreshing gin and tonic (three ice cubes, one lemon slice and a heavy hand of gin). In between those two essential drinks, I work, drink more red bull, and drink more gin and tonic.
What has been your biggest achievement since you joined Timeline?
For me, it would have to be the hours and hard work that the whole team put into launching Timeline V2. It was a remarkable experience for us all.
What’s the best bit about your job?
That it’s quantitative and there is no subjectivity involved! The final result will either be correct or correct.
Fireball Q’s 🔥
If you could only have three apps on your phone, which would you pick?
C’mon!! That is a really hard question.
If there could be one trend you bring back, what would it be?
None. I don’t like trends (I’m not joking!)
One emoji that describes you best?
The last thing that made you laugh out loud
I was recently called sir! LMAO